2018 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship
AMPA is committed to education, advocacy, and support for our modern military spouses and their families, and our scholarship is a key tool in our mission to support those who are often overlooked and under appreciated. Applications are now open for the 2018 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship — presented by Hilton!
You are eligible to apply for the AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship if you:
- are a military spouse with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, or fallen service member of the U.S. Armed Forces
- are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited college or university
At this time, the following individuals are not eligible to apply:
- members or family members of the AMPA board of directors or scholarship selection committee
- surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
Other Important Details:
- All military spouses who meet the basic requirements indicated above are eligible to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- An impartial selection committee will review the applications and select winners by majority vote. Applications will be reviewed based on answers to questions related to the applicant’s commitment to community service.
- For the 2018 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship, up to 5 military spouses will be selected for a scholarship ranging between $1,000 to $2,500 each
- The scholarship is paid directly to the institution of higher learning
- For the 2018 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship, applications will be accepted until June 15, 2018.
- Winners will be notified in July 2018 and funds will be paid to the military spouses’ account at the institution of higher learning shortly thereafter.