The American Military Partner Association (AMPA) is the nation’s premier resource and support network for LGBT military spouses and their families. As a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization, AMPA is committed to education, advocacy, and support for our modern military families. Although same-gender military spouses now finally have federal recognition and access to military benefits, our families still face unique challenges and exclusion by state governments and organizations and are still waiting for equal access to earned veterans benefits. With over 20,000 members and supporters, we are committed to continuing to make a difference in their lives. Since 2009, AMPA has stepped up to fill the void for these silent heroes. Read more About us and check out our Top Links and Year of Change: Our 2013 Accomplishments!
The American Military Partner Association (AMPA) is the nation’s premier resource and support network for the partners and spouses of LGBT troops and veterans. As a non-partisan, non-profit 501(c)3 organization, AMPA is directed and led by an all-volunteer team of military spouses. Learn more about AMPA's leadership team.
- DoD Manual Allows Journalists to Be Held as 'Belligerents'
- Men in Afghan Uniforms Kill 2 NATO Troops in Helmand
- Women Struggled With Limited Infantry Skills to Become Army Rangers
- Family of Former Marines Taking the Fight to ISIS
- Oregon Guardsman Who Helped Stop Train Attack to Get Soldier's Medal
- Veterans' Grave Markers Used to Make Patio Are Removed; No Charges
- New Tricare Drug Prices Take Effect Oct. 1, Pentagon Says
- Budget May Cause Air Force to Postpone Programs, Not Hire 4,000 Airmen
- US Air Force to Send F-22 Fighter Jets to Europe in Response to Russia
- VA Touts Reduction in Backlog of Disability Claims