AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship
The American Military Partner Association is thrilled to announce our newest program in our mission of education, advocacy, and support for LGBT military spouses, families, and allies — the AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship, presented by Hilton! Applications are now being accepted!
You are eligible to apply for the AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship if you:
- are a military spouse with a valid military ID
- are married to an active duty, reserve, guard, retired, medically retired, or fallen service member of the U.S. Armed Forces
- are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited college or university
At this time, the following individuals are not eligible to apply:
- members or family members of the AMPA board of directors or scholarship selection committee
- surviving spouses who are remarried, unless they are remarried to a service member
- spouses of former service members, unless they are retired or medically-retired
Other Important Details:
- All military spouses who meet the basic requirements indicated above are eligible to apply, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- An impartial selection committee will review the applications and select winners by majority vote. Applications will be reviewed based on answers to questions related to the applicant’s commitment to community service.
- For the 2017 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship, up to 5 military spouses will be selected for a scholarship ranging between $1,000 to $2,500 each
- The scholarship is paid directly to the institution of higher learning
- For the 2017 AMPA Military Spouse Scholarship, applications will be accepted between May 15, 2017 and June 15, 2017.
- Winners will be notified in July 2017 and funds will be paid to the military spouses’ account at the institution of higher learning shortly thereafter.