If sequestration isn’t stopped, ALL the benefits we have fought for will be threatened in some way. The American Military Partner Association is proud to join the campaign to end sequestration led by the National Military Family Association. Some of the things that could happen based on information from Department of Defense (DoD) officials include:
- Health care access could be diminished—how long do you want to wait for an appointment?
- Commissary prices could go up—how much of a benefit will it be if the current 30% level of savings can’t be achieved?
- Basic Allowance for Housing formulas may change to factor in more out-of-pocket costs for service members—so, that BAH at the “With Dependents” rate won’t cover as much of your housing costs.
- Programs to support military families during deployment and reintegration could be cut back—where will that support come from?
- Longer wait times for appointments to process enrollments and allowances changes because of hiring freezes and backlogs from the furloughs earlier this summer.
Find out more about how sequestration impacts our military families here.